We Market, Mentor, Develop And
Verify The Skills Of Student-Athletes.
BERT EMANUEL, SR. | CEO + FORMER NFL PLAYER
WHO WE ARE
ATHLETE MARKETING. PERSONAL +
PLAYER DEVELOPMENT. SKILLS VERIFICATION.
Using evaluations from trusted evaluators in your area at schools, clubs, camps and training facilities all over the country, Verified Athlete™ gives athletes the chance to establish their skills with verified measureables, develop both weaknesses and strenghts off and on the playing field, connect with college coaches and potentially earn athletic and/or academic scholarships.
BERT EMANUEL, SR. | CEO + FORMER NFL PLAYER
Verified Athlete™ is led by CEO and former NFL wide receiver, Bert Emanuel, Sr. Garnering a 10-year career that started with the 1994 draft, Bert understands first-hand what it takes to get to the next level.
His mission to address how to be more than an athlete, while still reaching the highest levels of your athletic potential is one shared by the entire team at Verified Athlete™.
Meet The Team
As Managing Director, Tommy DeLong, a native Houstonian, brings a wealth of recruiting experience and knowledge to Verified Athlete. Mr. DeLong has worked with over 500 student-athletes during his decade in recruiting and has developed a vast network of college connections. His passion and sincere interest in helping high school student-athletes is very evident and has led to many success stories over the years.
A multi-sport and lightly recruited student-athlete in high school, Mr. DeLong understands the lifelong advantages of having a game plan, taking a proactive approach, using social media properly and getting the most of out of the once-in-a-lifetime recruiting process. He and his wife, Whitney, have one son, Keegan (1 Year).
- Attended BF Terry HS & Smithville HS
- Recruited by Angelo State, TLU and others
- Bachelors in Sports Management from Texas A&M Corpus Christi
- Intern with the Houston Astros (2005)
- Instant Replay Field Technician with the Houston Texans (Current)
- 10 years of recruiting experience
Russell Vanlandingham [COACH V]
Russell Vanlandingham – "Coach V" – brings his energy, “time to grind” work ethic, and vast network to the San Antonio area as well as our Basketball Operations throughout the state of Texas. Over his 24 years as a very successful college and select basketball coach, Coach V has played a significant role in the lives of numerous high school and college players.
He is originally from San Antonio, where he attended East Central High School. He and his wife, Amber, have three children.
- 20 year college coach at all levels NCAA D1, D2, D3 and NAIA D1
- 4 years HS/Select coaching (UC Hoops)
- Member of 9 Conference Championships at the College Level
- 2012 National Small College Coach of the Year finalist
- 2012 Texas College Coach of the Year
- 2 time RRAC Coach of the Year (2010 and 2012)
- 19 years as the Recruiting Coordinator for every College Level
- Recruiting and coached 58 1st or 2nd Team All-Conference Selections
- Recruiting and coached 23 All-Americans at various levels
- Member of the 1990-1991 Conference Championship Temple JC team
- Team Captain and All-Conference on the 1993-94 McMurry University Conference
- Championship team that advanced to the NAIA Sweet Sixteen
- Bachelors in Communications from McMurry University
- Masters in Sports Management from Hardin-Simmons
As a Recruiting Analyst and Lead Evaluator Brandon brings his love for high school sports and college recruiting to Verified Athlete. A former track stand out at Euless Trinity HS, he will play a vital role in our scouting and recruiting efforts throughout Texas.
- Euless Trinity HS graduate
- 3x Regional Qualifier in Track
- Bachelors from Stephen F. Austin State University
- Stephen F. Austin Basketball Team (Fan Support and Marketing)
- Alumni Relations and Divisional Recruiter for Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity
- Talent evaluator for DB Coach Jerome Henderson of the Dallas Cowboys 2013-2014 Season
Jimmy Andrews has been in Central Texas working with youth for the last 8 years and has been working with high school student-athletes in the region for the last 4 years. Mr. Andrews has worked directly with over 200 prospects now at D1 Power 5 programs, D1 FCS programs, Ivy League schools, and D2/D3/NAIA programs right here in Texas and around the nation.
Jimmy has worked with youth for 10+ years as a Program Manager for Big Brothers Big Sisters, English Teacher, as well as the last 5 years in Central Texas solely on recruiting, developing and mentoring student-athletes through their journey and development to be more.