Helping qualified student-athletes and families
earn the college opportunities they deserve.
WHO WE ARE
ATHLETE MARKETING + RECRUITING.
Verified Athlete combines 30 years of experience with a unique recruiting platform to help student-athletes and families navigate this once-in-a-lifetime process. Whether it be from lack of exposure, college contacts, knowledge or a game plan, many student-athletes do not maximize their recruiting potential and settle when it comes to this 40-50 year decision. With a 90% success rate, the vA staff is passionate about helping student-athletes reach their college goals!
Meet The Team
As Managing Director, Tommy DeLong, a native Houstonian, brings a wealth of recruiting experience and knowledge to Verified Athlete. Mr. DeLong has worked with over 500 student-athletes during his decade in recruiting and has developed a vast network of college connections. His passion and sincere interest in helping high school student-athletes is very evident and has led to many success stories over the years.
A multi-sport and lightly recruited student-athlete in high school, Mr. DeLong understands the lifelong advantages of having a game plan, taking a proactive approach, using social media properly and getting the most of out of the once-in-a-lifetime recruiting process. He and his wife, Whitney, have one son, Keegan (1 Year).
- Attended BF Terry HS & Smithville HS
- Recruited by Angelo State, TLU and others
- Bachelors in Sports Management from Texas A&M Corpus Christi
- Intern with the Houston Astros (2005)
- Instant Replay Field Technician with the Houston Texans (Current)
- 10 years of recruiting experience
As a Recruiting Analyst and Lead Evaluator Brandon brings his love for high school sports and college recruiting to Verified Athlete. A former track stand out at Euless Trinity HS, he will play a vital role in our scouting and recruiting efforts throughout Texas.
- Euless Trinity HS graduate
- 3x Regional Qualifier in Track
- Bachelors from Stephen F. Austin State University
- Stephen F. Austin Basketball Team (Fan Support and Marketing)
- Alumni Relations and Divisional Recruiter for Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity
- Talent evaluator for DB Coach Jerome Henderson of the Dallas Cowboys 2013-2014 Season
Jimmy Andrews has been in Central Texas working with youth for the last 10 years and has been working with high school student-athletes in the region for the last 6 years. Mr. Andrews has worked directly with over 200 prospects now at D1 Power 5 programs, D1 FCS programs, Ivy League schools, and D2/D3/NAIA programs right here in Texas and around the nation.
Jimmy has worked with youth for 10+ years as a Program Manager for Big Brothers Big Sisters, English Teacher, as well as the last 6 years in Central Texas solely on recruiting, developing and mentoring student-athletes through their journey and development to be more.